Friday 28 November 2014

November Favourites!

Hi guys! Once again it's time for my monthly favourites and as per usual I cannot believe how quickly this month has flown by! It's been a great month what with seeing Chvrches, my birthday and the beginning of all the festivities too! I've got lots of favourites to show you so let's get started!

I've never been a big fan of skincare products, preferring to stick to my classic Simple moisturiser, however since I received this product from Nuxe in my October Glossybox, I have used it almost daily. I tend to break out hormonally, and I noticed a definite change in how severe my skin broke out in November than in previous months. Even if it wasn't the cause of my improved skin, it is a really great daily mask and I love using it! It also smells great!

This, and the Benefit set were birthday presents from a group of my friends and while I've used MJ products before, they are not a common addition to my routine. I put this on before watching an episode of The Flash, which I will talk about later, and even though I left it on a little too long (your skin is NOT supposed to burn before you take this off!) I loved how soft my skin felt afterwards and it did a great job on cleaning out my pores. These are so cheap for a little treat too!

As I mentioned, my lovely lovely pals purchased this little palette for me, probably due to my unhealthy obsession with Benefit and eye makeup, and I LOVE it! The kit contains 4 powder shadows that range from a yellow highlighter to a dark brown, as well as 2 cream shadows in a RSVP and 'No Pressure!', which is a great dupe for the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze!! I've been using these for the last couple of days since my birthday and it's the first Benefit kit I've had where I would genuinely recommend every product!

Speaking of sparkly cream shadows, I have another new love in that department in the form of Max Factor's Excess Shimmer shadows, particularly the shade 'Copper' which is a surprisingly un-coppery silver/gold shade that is a little lighter than the aforementioned Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze, but is really, really lovely on the eye too. These are so easy to apply, almost mousse-like in consistency and have great colour pay off for not very much money. What's not to love?

This is a total cult beauty essential now and I can see why, the KM lipsticks get rave reviews from just about everyone who has tried them and it's easy to see why- every lipstick in the line is so creamy, pigmented and.. cheap! The price is a major bonus point for me as it's hard to even find a High Street lipstick for just £5.50!

Another new love of mine this month is huge bobble hats that ensure maximum ear-cosiness throughout the Winter months. I had my eye on this one from Topshop but I actually think that this burgundy one from Marks and Spencer's is even cosier, even if it does make me look a bit like an egg when I have it on! I'm even wearing it as I blog now!


I picked up a couple of Philip Kerr's books from the Bernie Gunther series, and I love them, A Quiet Flame is the 5th book in the series and although I've only read 4 and 5, which is bizarre in itself, I'm already hooked. The books are set throughout the early twentieth century- with A Quiet Flame seeing Bernie Gunther flee his native Germany in the post WW2 years to Argentina, where he continues his crime fighting detective work. I love novels set in Germany/Russia during and after the war years and these are great examples of that kind of fiction!

I was a little concerned when I first heard Tay Swift's single 'Shake It Off,' as I am still very connected to the guitar wielding curly haired US stereotype that she was back in the day- and I still prefer 'Speak Now' and 'Fearless' to any of her new stuff- but I do ultimately love 1989. With 'Style' and 'How You Get The Girl' my stand out favourites- it's a fab album of easy pop music. I am also a huge fan of Swift herself, who I think has reacted with the ultimate grace and hilarity to the ridiculous misogynistic criticisms of her niche 'boyfriend/break-up' songs. 

I'm a big Marvel/DC fan, and when I started seeing stills and clips from the CW's latest Superhero venture, The Flash going about the internet- I was intrigued. I had a little knowledge of the backdrop to The Flash's superhero antics from the comics, so I decided to give it a shot. I was pretty much instantly hooked, and within two episodes it was already causing me serious problems, hence the skin mask chemical burning I received due to my lack of desire to pull myself away from the TV. Approximately 97% of my love for the show comes from the slight bumbling and awkwardness that is characteristic of Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) who is really quite attractive too, which helps. It's fairly easy on the eye viewing and won't push your intellectual capacities too far if you don't want to too, but I highly, highly recommend it!

There you have my November favourites, fingers crossed December will be as amazing as I have built it up to be!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik