Sunday 25 May 2014

30 Day Challenge; Day Twelve- Current Goals

Evening folks, I hope you've all had a wonderful weekend, whether you've done something exciting or have spent the entire time in your jammies watching Netflix (I think we all know which camp I fall into.)  It's time for another Day of my 30 Day Challenge x. and today's topic is all about my current goals. 

This has been really interesting for me to think about, especially since I'm currently completing my Higher Exams, and have essentially been existing on a 'let's just get through today' basis, so I really haven't had time to ponder the existential effect of my actions, let alone set up some long term goals. Never-the-less I've had a little think, and here's what I've come up with; 

Pick a University/Get Good Grades
Relatively self explanatory I imagine, but as somebody who in general has always achieved good grades throughout my school education, I am under serious pressure from both my family, and myself, to do well in my Highers. If I'm being completely honest, I put a massive amount of pressure on myself, mainly due to the fact that in my own head- I feel like I have the ability to do really well in anything academic if I put my mind and effort to it. However, this year I have really, really struggled with Higher Maths, and it's been an extremely frustrating experience for me. Therefore, despite my self-applied pressure, there is a serious chance that my grades could take a little hit this August. That's why my main aim is to not panic, and pick a university and course that I know I will enjoy, regardless of my results!

Travel More
I've spoken about this a lot on here before but one of my absolute main life long goals is to see as much of the world as possible. I recently did an online survey type thing that gave you a percentage of the World's countries that you'd visited. I had visited just 2%. As a 16 year old with an income of about £100 a month I'm not really able to properly travel just yet, but I'm taking every opportunity I get!

Learn a Language 
I'm currently learning Spanish, which I completely love- and I'm aiming to one day become fluent. In a world where speaking English gives you the liberty to travel to far flung places and still expect some poor foreign worker to understand you when you say 'I'll have a coffee, two sugars.' If I ran the country I'd be sure to put more emphasis on young children learning a second language from a very young age, as there have been a million studies to show that the younger you are, the easier it is. Regardless, I hope to one day be bilingual porque es muy importante para mi! See what I did there?

Do Something Selfless
This is nothing but cliche, but I would love to start doing more to help in the community, such as volunteering! The world is in a pretty sorry state just now, and if everybody like me who has everything they need and require to live happily, could do something to give back- then imagine how much nicer a place the planet would be. I'm in no position to preach until I get my ass in gear and start helping out!

There you have it, I'll be back tomorrow for another Challenge post, but until then have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik