Monday 26 May 2014

30 Day Challenge; Day Thirteen- Favourite Things about Myself

Evening everyone, I hope your Monday hasn't been completely awful and that you've enjoyed your day! It's once again time for another post in my 30 Day Challenge x, and today is all about the things that I like about myself. I quite liked this idea, as a little self-confidence won't go astray, right?

 I'm sure absolutely everybody has things that they like and dislike about themselves, but  I refuse to believe that there is anybody out there that isn't proud of at least one thing that they're good at! So here's a few things I pride myself on.

Present Wrapping
I'm famed for it, family members come from all over the country to get me to wrap their present. I take it as a bit of a personal challenge; every Christmas I raid Paperchase for the choice wrapping paper, gift bags, ribbon and bows that my limited cash supply can buy, and then the fun begins. I get extremely obsessive and have been known to get extremely emotional in the past over 'perfect creases' and being able to smoothly cut through a piece of wrapping paper in one go. It's enthralling stuff.

You don't have to tell me that I'm a sad soul. I already know.

Ability to Apply Eye-liner

Due to my complete lack of allure, I've been known to need make-up to allow myself to leave the house- and I'm a big fan of a liquid or gel liner. I've never really been able to achieve the same definition with a kohl eye-liner, except when tight lining, but liquid and gel are my best friends. Despite my general hand-eye coordination being incredibly poor, I have become a bit of a pro with applying my eyeliner over the years, so that's definitely another personal point of pride.

Speed-Reading
If you haven't already grasped the fact that I'm not exactly the coolest person to grace this planet in recent times, then the fact that I read a lot as a child (hence the book blog) will serve to demonstrate that fact to you. Due to my years of reading, I developed the ability to read a lot of books in a very short space of time. Disappointingly, I've not exactly been able to demonstrate this ability in recent years; something that I am increasingly frustrated by.

I thought I'd put a little bit of fun into this post idea, since there really wasn't many ways to write this without sounding hideously cocky or self absorbed. Although isn't that a shame? That the line between conceited and confident has become so blurred that it's actually more socially acceptable to hate yourself than to love something about yourself.

I'd best end this before things get a little too deep! I'll be back this week with both Daily 30 Day Challenge posts, as well as a May Favourites and a Music Favourites post! Until then, have a wonderful evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik