Thursday 22 May 2014

30 Day Challenge: Day Ten- 5 Things I'm Excited For

Afternoon everyone, I hope you're all having a wonderful Thursday and are looking forward to this weekend. It's time for Day Ten of my 30 Day Challenge x. and today's topic means I'm going to talk about the 5 things I'm most excited for in the coming months. I'm lucky enough to have lots of wonderful experiences planned for the coming year as I prepare to leave school and go to University (hopefully!) So here goes..

1. T in the Park 
I am lucky enough to live only half an hour away from Balado, where T in the Park is held. T is the biggest music festival in Scotland and one of the biggest in the UK and for the teenagers in my hometown, it's a bit of a right of passage. This years headliners are Calvin Harris, Paolo Nutini, Arctic Monkey and Biffy Clyro, along with other acts such as Haim, You Me At Six, the Kaiser Chiefs, Chrvches, Ed Sheeran, Bastille, Pharrell Williams and many, many more! I've got a weekend ticket and I can't believe how quickly it's come round. Come the 11th of July I'll be beside myself with excitement!

2. Sixth Year
I'm about to start my final year of school, and while I am of course 50% scared shitless over that, I am also really excited to spend a lot of time doing very little. Since I'm taking 3 Advanced Highers I will have to put a lot of work in, but it's 3 subjects I love and sixth year looks as though it's going to give me a chance to properly prioritise the stuff I love. But yeah, it's mainly the free periods I'm looking forward too! 

3. South Africa 
My high school has a wondeful link with a high school in Bungani, South Africa, and as part of maintaining this link, a group of 5th and 6th years are allowed to go across every year and experience life in SA. As a member of the Modern Studies department, I was lucky enough to get a place. From what I've heard from previous years, this trip sounds like a once in a lifetime opportunity, and as a large part of the modern studies course covers the issues facing South Africa and the progress it has made since the end of apartheid, I'm incredibly interested to be able to see the effects in person. I don't go till February 2015, but it's something I'm already beginning to plan! 

4. Ed Sheeran
This October I'm heading to see Ed Sheeran in Glasgow again, I first saw him in 2012 for my 15th birthday with my friend Alex and I cannot wait to see him again. Since he's playing T in the Park, October will be my third time seeing him, which is a little strange considering that I wouldn't consider him one of my most favourite artists, even though he is unbelievably talented. I'll also hopefully get to meet one of my favourite people I know through Twitter too. 

5. University
I'm getting a little ahead of myself now, but in the months following my results day in August, I'll have to start applying to universities, and hopefully by this time next year- I'll have at least one unconditional offer. As I'm not very good at maths or scientific subjects, I feel like there are fewer vocational subjects I can do at university. Therefore, I'm choosing to continue with two subjects that I currently love; history and politics. I'd love to do a joint honours in the two at Glasgow, but we'll see how the next year pans out. Ultimately, although I'll miss everyone in Perth- I cannot wait to move on to greener pastures and expand my own future.

There we go, I'll be back tomorrow with the next part of my 30 Day Challenge, but until then- enjoy the rest of your week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik