Friday 30 May 2014

30 Day Challenge; Day Seventeen- Bucket List

Evening folks, running later yet again  so without further ado, I'm going to tell you about Day 17 of my 30 Day Challenge x, my bucket list! So here is a rough idea of some of the things I want to do before I get too old and stiff to be able to do anything fun!
1. Travel
This is no secret on this blog, and I'm not sure when- or where, but isn't that the point of a Bucket List? I want to see as much as humanly possible with the means I have, and I intend to do it. Barcelona, Athens, LA, New York, Berlin. So many possibilities, so many things to 'tick off.'
2. Skydive 
This is the most ridiculous one, but I genuinely would love to do it. I might not act like it a lot, but I genuinely love thrill seeking, and I am definitely doing this in the future. Who knows, I may even pair it with 9. and make people pay to push me out of the plane. Form an orderly queue folks.

3. Buy something important for my parents
Want a car Dad?
 Despite the recent economic collapse, I really do hope that our generation continues the trend of 'children being better off than their parents.' I'd love to be able to buy my Dad a nice car, or my Mum a new house. My current waitressing budget doesn't quite amount to that yet, but someday! 

4. Start a family
Maybe not.
This one is definitely on the back burner for now, but eventually I'd like to have a family of my own- no matter what form that family will take. I make excellent chocolate chip cookies, so there is one 'mothering' credential in the bag already.

5. Concerts
Favourite thing in the world.
As many and as much as possible, all concerts, any music, every band, every artist. From pub gigs to stadium tours, as long as I can afford it (which is a big IF) I'll be there, making a fool of myself. 

6. Visit Paris
Prettiest city in the World
This should really be in with 1. but Paris is a city that I really, really, really want to see. I'm not sure why, but France holds a certain appeal in my heart that I can't justify, I don't speak French and I have no French relatives, but it is a beautiful country- and Paris is the most prominent example of this beauty.

7. Splurge on something (or many somethings)
Dolla makes me holla
Hopefully the latter, but I do like owning stuff, so whether it's a ridiculous pair of heels, a handbag, a house or a car (Porsche 911 would do nicely.) What's the point of working hard if you can't treat yourself and the people you love (see 3.)

8. Work somewhere I love
No thanks.
Now that I'm preparing to apply to universities, I really do have to start thinking about a career, but I cannot imagine anything in this universe that would be worse than working 9-5 every day at some meaningless job that you hate. Even if I have to work hard and long, I want to love what I'm doing, and be proud of it.

9. Give Something Back 
If 1D do, why don't we?
I feel like everyone should do this, whether it's just a monthly donation to a charity, or a huge gesture, or even just buying a coffee for a homeless person. Why not eh? I don't mean to sound preachy, but with such a massive wealth gap in our country, and indeed the world- why shouldn't those that HAVE, give a little?

10. Punch Somebody 
Are you Sirius?!
I've just ruined 9 points worth of good feeling with this last one. But I can explain.. Ever since I was little, I have been gathering this inner pent-up rage, and should anyone- big or small, ever try to attack me for real, they will feel the full force of my admittedly tiny fists. You have all been warned. Regardless, it looks like a real adrenaline rush.. 

Please don't think I'm psychotic. 

There you have it, my bucket list. Have a wonderful Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik