Tuesday 20 May 2014

30 Day Challenge; Day Eight- Favourite Films

Morning folks, I'm a little earlier with my upload today simply because I've been up for ages, and have had a free morning, which I must admit has been completely lovely! It's time for Day Eight of my 30 Day Challenge x. which is about my favourite films. I love loads of films, so this could have gone on for weeks, but I've excluded the classics*aka Disney, Potter, Star Wars/Trek, Marvel, DC* and picked four of the films I'm loving just now! All of these films are available on Netflix, so you can go and check them out therw!

Stardust (2007)
The movie centres around Tristan’s journey into the world of Stormhold, the magical town across the border of the English town of Wall, to retrieve a fallen star for his ‘true love’ Victoria. What Tristan doesn’t count on is becoming embroiled in a family feud over the next King of Stormhold, or becoming attached to the star, Yvaine. He is also being pursued by 3 witches who aim to kill Yvaine and use her heart to grant them eternal youth. The cast in UNBELIEVABLE and in terms of the love story, this is my favourite in existence, Michelle Phiefer is brilliant as the main witch, Lamia, and so is Claire Danes as Yvaine. If none of this has encouraged you to watch the film, it’s narrated by Sir Ian McKellen and there’s Robert De Niro as a cross dressing pirate Captain. Seriously.

Zombieland (2009)
I have to admit that when I first sat down to watch Zombieland, my expectations weren't particuarly high, but this film was seriously funny. Like.. slightly on crack kinda funny, but still freaking hilarious. The cast is a goldmine of indy-film stars, Abigail Breslin, Woody Harrelson, Emma Stone and Jesse Eisenberg. I saw Eisenberg and Harrelson together in 'Now You See Me' (which is also excellent) and they work really well together. The concept is that a virus has spread across the Earth, creating an army of humans showing zombie like tendancies. I'm not a huge gore fan, but this film made me love seeing Harrelson drive a truck through a boat load of Zombies. Seriously worth a watch if you're looking for a laugh, especially with a ridiculous cameo from Bill Murray. Stone and Breslin also star as a pair of kick ass con sisters, which should be enough of a reason to watch in the first place too. 

10 Things I Hate About You (1999)
If I had to, I would class this as my favourite rom-com, but this film is so, so much more than just a rom-com, released in 1999, I feel like this film is eclipsed by Clueless, Mean Girls, and She’s the Man in terms of early 2000’s teen comedies which is kinda why I love it so much. Heath Ledger is unbelievable as Patrick, seriously, I fell in love with his within the first few scenes, and Kat Stratford is everything I aim to be over the next few years, utterly unamused by the male race, and the kind of girl who stands up and fights for herself. Plus, this film contains some of my most favourite quotes ('What is it, asshole day?)

Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986)
This film is the ultimate cult classic, paired with The Breakfast Club you have one gigantic John Hughes 80's Tumblr festival. It's also worth the hype. I must have seen this film 15 times now, and it still makes me laugh, even if it does get a little ridiculous watching Ferris sing 'Twist and Shout' at the parade. The additional bonus of Matthew Broderick being very attractive only makes it better. Some of the one liners are truly, truly hilarious. "Pardon my French, but Cameron is so tight that if you stuck a lump of coal up his ass, in two weeks you'd have a diamond." If you don't use the clammy hands trick at least once after watching it then you're seriously missing out. As a final note, a very young Charlie Sheen plays a young man arrested for drug possesion, and he really rocks the whole 'I'm weeks for ODing on cocaine' look.





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik