Thursday 4 June 2015

Maybelline Haul

Afternoon folks, another month has passed and therefore it's time for another makeup haul. My latest adventure into Boots was under the guise of purchasing a new foundation. Which I did, however I also purchased an eye-liner, two cream shadows, a concealer and a primer, all from Maybelline. Some of my new finds are brilliant, but some are fairly disappointing- so let me walk you through my thoughts. 



I've had this foundation before and really loved it but I am noticing now that I'm used to the matte finish of my l'Oreal infallible matte foundation, so this feels very, very dewy on my skin. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, and with a little bit of powder it looks great on the skin, but it was a sticking point for me over the first couple of uses. Overall though this is one of the better purchases, it has great coverage and looks lovely on, whilst not going cakey or sliding off half way through the day!



I picked up another two of my favourite type of products from Maybelline, their cream 'tattoo' eye shadows. I already owned three of their shades in 'On and On Bronze,' 'Permanent Taupe' and 'Metallic Pomegranate' so I grabbed 'Pink Gold' which as you can imagine is a creamy light pink with a gold shimmer running through it, which is great as a base for any of the Naked 3 shades. I also got one of their 'leather effect' shadows in the shade 'Vintage Plum' which is a slightly chalky formula and goes on matte. The colour is somewhere between a chocolate brown and a deep purple, which makes for a lovely base or on its one as a low maintenance smokey eye. 


Another purchase I've made before, and normally I adore this product for its concealing properties, however I made the mistake of buying the shade 'nude' rather than the lightest shade, which means that it's got much less brightening magic than normal. I still love the product and despite the unhygienic nature of the twist up sponge cap, I think it's quite quirky and gives good product coverage. No doubt this will go back to being my favourite when I pick up a little bit of a tan in the summer. 


I used to adore the Benefit Pore-fessional primer, and have been told several times that this is supposedly the 'high street dupe' of that, however, upon trying it, I think that's possibly a little generous to the Maybelline version. This stuff feels similar, the kind of silicone magic that can't possibly be healthy for your pores, but upon application and paired with the dewy Better Skin foundation, it felt greasy, and no amount of powder could prevent me from feeling like I was going to smudge everything if I touched my face. Perhaps better with a matte foundation, but they tend to have more staying power anyway. 


If I'd written this post yesterday this product would have gotten good reviews, a deep black eyeliner that is easy enough to apply and didn't seem to fade during the day. My only complaint would have been that it tended to come off in chunks when removed at the end of the day. However, upon going to apply it before work this morning, I found that it was almost dry, and had to work really difficult to get any product out. This may well have just been a one time issue, but if the product really is running out already, after less than a week, or it has dried out without being left without the lid or anything, then I'll be very, very disappointed. Maybe I just have a dud product but the formula is fab, whilst it lasts!

So there we go, a very hit and miss haul from Maybelline. I'll be back tomorrow with another post (on prom dresses OOH) but until then- enjoy your week!







1 comment:

  1. The blogs you have produced are really impressive to me and I would like to say that you approach to see the things is really different from the rest of the writers. Thumbs up. womens new in fashion supplier

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik