Sunday 22 March 2015

My Mac Lipstick Collection

Morning folks, as I'm sure many of you are aware, I am a big lipstick junkie, and around a year ago I started buying Mac lipsticks. Soon enough I was completely hooked and I now have a little collection that I'm completely proud of. Let's have a little look at my new fave lippies.



I am missing several of these for pictures as I've left the photography side of the post to the last minute, however I do have (from left to right) Opera, Cyber, Impassioned, Chilli, Ruby Woo. I will ty to update the pictures as soon as I find the others!


Lickable (Cremesheen)


My first Mac purchase, a really gorgeous bright pink that livens up any makeup look. I'm normally not a huge fan of the traditionally girly lipstick but this is super pretty and just dark enough to not make me look like I'm copying Barbie!

Ruby Woo (Matte)


The traditional and possibly the best Mac lipstick, Ruby Woo is the jewel in the crown of Mac's collection. It's a gorgeous, slightly chalky bright red lipstick that, once on, will not budge anywhere! Definitely one of my all time faves. 

Rebel (Satin)



I actually can't find my Rebel lipstick but I used it religiously for a long time and therefore feel like I still have the authority to talk about it. Rebel looks pretty scary in the bullet but once on the lips it's a really gorgeous pinky purple colour that is just the right side of vampy. I'm genuinely considering repurchasing this if I don't find it soon as it is one of my all time favourite lipsticks from any brand.

Cyber (Matte)


I bought Cyber on a bit of a whim because I thought I could pull off a really dark purple lipstick, but it turns out I cant, and Cyber is a proper black-purple colour, which I find is really draggy on the lips and uncomfortable to wear. Definitely not one of my favourites and I'm not sure I would recommend this to anyone as there are much better dark lipsticks for much cheaper.

Impassioned (Amplified)


Another slightly girly choice, impassioned is a matte pink colour that is slightly chalky on the lips but looks an awful lot less like bubblegum on the lips than it does in the packaging. I loved using this in South Africa when I had a bit more of a tan and I'm sure it would look amazing on any of you blonde readers! 

Partyline (Cremesheen)


Partyline is currently residing in my school bag, meaning I don't actually have a picture of my lipstick, however this is quickly becoming a new stable in my daily make-up as it's a gorgeous deep berry colour that is perfect for matching with pretty much any make-up look. This makes it amazing for everyday use and has amazing staying power too, despite being from Mac's Cremesheen collection.  

Kinky (Matte)


Kinky is a truly matte red, like the classic 50's pin up girl red lipstick that every girl dreams of. It's creamier than Ruby Woo but the colour is very similar, if less blue-toned than it's popular counterpart. A truly lovely colour that despite it's slightly ridiculous name, makes a brilliant addition to any lipstick lovers collection!

Velvet Teddy (Matte)


It's not my favourite lipstick ever, but it is a gorgeous nude and one that I've handed on to my friend Alex, who is a much bigger fan of nude lipstick than me. Hence why I don't have an actual picture of the lipstick, however I do believe that if you love the Kylie Jenner look, then it is well worth it's hype and I imagine it would be a perfect browney-nude for all you nude lip lovers out there!

Chilli  (Matte)


One of my newest additions to my collection, and definitely my new favourite. Chill is a gorgeous earthy red colour that looks amazing with a neutral eye colour and wintry rosy cheeks. The earthy tone makes it that little bit different to the classic reds like Ruby Woo and Kinky, but I am honestly obsessed with this. 

Opera 


The packaging for these lipsticks are so gorgeous, and that's approximately 75% of the reason why I bought this product. However the lipstick is also gorgeous and up to Mac's incredibly high standards, I love the Matte finishes most out of all their lipstick types, and Opera is a gorgeous red-y pink, but in contrast to Chilli, this product has a pink-y undertone which I think will be brilliant for the springtime!

There we go, apologies for not having pictures of my actual lipsticks for you all, but I hope you got a decent look at some of my faves from Mac's famous lipstick line. I'm sure this will be greatly expanded in the future, so keep an eye out for an updated version! See you Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik