Monday 29 December 2014

BLOGMAS DAY TWENTY-NINE // Naked 2 Palette Review

Morning everyone, I hope you're enjoying your Monday! Today's post is a little look at one of my favourite Christmas presents- my Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette. I absolutely love it and whilst it is by no means a new product, I thought I'd show you all what it's like!


The palette comes in a tin with a double ended brush and 12 of Urban Decay's eye-shadows (10 shimmer and 2 matte,) as well as a massive mirror. The quality of the product is amazing and they're literally all gorgeous- but let's take a little look at the individual shadows! 


'Foxy' is a yellow based creamy bisque colour which works really well as both a non-shimmery inner eye highlight, or as a base to stop any darkness or discolouration on your lids! 'Half Baked' is completely gorgeous shimmery gold colour that looks amazing over a cream shadow like Maybelline's Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze.


  'Booty Call' is a shimmery highlight in a more pink shade that also makes an amazing base for your shadow! 'Chopper' is a copper shimmer colour with a silver glitter in it, and it is totally gorgeous too! I can see this being one of my favourites in this palette! 


'Tease' is a deep mauve shade with purple hints in it, and it's a great crease colour! I also think this would be great as an all over colour for a really simple basic look- it's not overly pigmented but it's a lovely shade none the less. 'Snakebite' is a gorgeous dark brown shimmer shade that would be brilliant for  smokey eye, particularly if you have green or brown eyes. The metallic sheen in the shadow is beautiful and it gives your lids a proper shine! 


'Suspect' is like your perfect neutral shade, and it's a gorgeous champagne colour that would be lovely as both a base or as a stand alone colour. 'Pistol' is a really lovely cross between a grey and a brown shadow, it's not a typical colour and it was new to Urban Decay when they released the palette, so it's a bit special!


'Verve' is another fairly neutral shade, but this one is a little less shimmery than it's neighbours. It's certainly not my favourite in the palette but I have no doubt that I will use it loads despite this! 'YDK' on the other hand, is definitely one of my favourites in the palette, it's a coppery shimmer that's basically a bronze version of half-baked with less fall out. This could well become one of my new go-to eye shadows!


  'Busted' is another gorgeous shimmery colour, but this one is a little darker than the rest. It's a deeper version of snakebite, but is also a great crease shade for a dark eye makeup, or to bring a bit of drama to your usual gold shadow. 'Blackout' is a slightly chalky deep black colour that works amazingly as a liner for both your eyelid, or along your bottom lash line to really make your eye makeup look dramatic.


Here is the palette in all it's glory, along with the double ended applicator and a little peak of the full length mirror along the top. The tin makes it super easy to carry around and also stops it getting grubby, which I know was a big complaint with the first Naked palette.


I know that in the past the palette has come with a lipgloss, but the version I received comes with four 'week long' samples of their eye shadow primer. I'm not sure if each capsule really does contain a weeks worth of product, but this is a cool way of allowing consumers to try your other products regardless. I'm a big fan of anything free!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik