Sunday 28 December 2014

BLOGMAS DAY TWENTY-EIGHT // December Favourites!

Happy Sunday everyone, I hope you've had a lovely weekend so far and are enjoying a relaxing day in the Wintry weather. I have my December Favourites for you today, which might seem a bit like overkill as I have my 2014 Hall of Fame coming on the 31st but I didn't want December to feel left out as it was a totally great month and I have loads to talk about! 

Real Techniques Buffing and Contour Brush
I picked up the Core Collection from RT at the end of last month and I've completely fallen in love with the buffing brush, which I use with my foundation- and the contouring brush, which I use for bronzer. They're quite pricey for something that many people won't consider an essential, but I have no idea how I applied my make-up before these brushes. I would completely recommend picking up some and I'm sure I'll be buying more in the future! 

Sleek Contour Palette
This was another purchase from the last couple of months and whilst the shade of this palette is actually too dark for my skin, I love using the bronzer to contour my face, and it looks great once it's been blended out. It's damn near impossible to find a truly matte bronzer but this totally fits the bill. The highlighter is a little too golden for my skin tone, but it works amazingly as a 'one product does all' eye shadow, as with this swept over my lids and a little mascara- I'm good to go!

L'oreal Blake's Red 
I've never tried Mac's Ruby Woo- but I am reliably informed that this is very similar to that, which brings me great joy as I absolutely love this lipstick and have Ruby Woo coming in the post in the next couple of days as a late Christmas present to myself. This is a blue toned, slightly powdery red that will NOT dry your lips out- it's the perfect red for me and my love for Blake Lively makes it all the better.

Santa's Scrub by Lush
I had previously picked up the Popcorn version of this scrub in the summer and I absolutely hate it- the sugar/salt taste is not something I love in the slightest. However the limited edition Christmas one that they bring out every year is a lovely cola tasting lip scrub that works amazingly to leave your lips super soft and ready for whatever lipstick you want to apply!

Christmas Decorations
As it's been the festive season for the grand majority of this month, I have had Christmas decorations up- both in my bedroom and around the rest of the house. Despite the sucky weather and the complete lack of light, the twinkly fairy lights and glittery decorations have made everything that little bit easier and nice this month and I wish I could keep them up all the time!

I Forget Where We Were - Ben Howard
This is probably now one of my stand-out albums of 2014 and whilst I was a little unsure about it in the first place, I'm completely in love with it now. My loyalty to Ben Howard's first album 'Every Kingdom' is still strong, but there is no denying how completely gorgeous this album is, with every song being nearly perfect. I actually want to go and see him live again so I can truly appreciate it.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine
I had seen a couple of episodes of this E4 show already before I noticed it had arrived on Netflix a couple of weeks ago. I thought I'd check out the first couple of episodes and lo and behold, within one evening I had watched all 22 episodes of the first series, which is all they've made so far. It's easy going TV, with the effortlessly irritating Jake Peralta as an unconventional cop working for the 99th Precinct in NYC, and the rest of his team. It's easy viewing, with a few genuine relationships within the show and some truly hilarious moments!  

There we go, my last favourites of 2014- what a scary thought! I'll be back tomorrow but until then, enjoy the rest of your weekends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik