Monday 15 December 2014

BLOGMAS DAY FIFTEEN // The Christmas Tag!

Hey folks, it's time for Blogmas Day 15 and I found this Christmas tag whilst trawling through some blogs and thought I'd do it for you now! Let's get going..

1. What is your favourite Christmas film?
I absolutely adore 'Love Actually,' and the Home Alone films are up there too, alongside Elf. I did a post on my favourite Christmas movies a couple of weeks ago that I'll link here x because there's too many to pick one!

2. Have you ever had a White Christmas?
Yes, I have- living in Scotland there's actually a fairly high chance of it snowing on Christmas but it hasn't in a few years. In 2011 it snowed almost everyday from the end of November to Christmas Eve, didn't snow on Christmas and then resumed it's blizzarding on Boxing Day, which was incredibly annoying!

3. Where do you usually spend your holiday?
At home with my family, we go to my Gran's for Christmas breakfast with my Dad's side of the family then we host a Christmas lunch/dinner in the afternoon with my two Gran's!

4. What is your favourite Christmas song?
Honestly, I think it has to be The Pogues- Fairytale of New York, but I also love all of Michael Buble's album and Mariah Carey singing 'All I Want for Christmas' is also amazing! I also have a Christmas music post which you guys can check out here x. 

5. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
Normally my parents will buy my sister and I an annual and we get to open that on Christmas eve, but I've asked for a book or a magazine this year as sadly I'm getting a little old for the Doctor Who Annual. 

6. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
Rudolph, Donner, Blitzen, Vixen, Cupid, Prancer, Dancer, Comet, Dasher.. (let's pretend this didn't take me half an hour and two family members helping!)

7. What holiday traditions are you looking forward to most this year?
As I mentioned I love going to my Gran's for Christmas breakfast, I also love decorating the tree and the secret Santa swap we do with all my friends!

8. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
Real, obviously. Fake trees are reserved only for extreme circumstances or for Christmas tree emergencies.

9. What is your all-time favourite holiday food/sweet treat?
Pigs in blankets, stuffing, roast potatoes- I love it all, I also adore gingerbread and mince pies. I think I'm going to do a little recipe post on the mince pies I'm making later in the week so keep checking back and you'll see that soon- as long as I don't mess them up!

10. Be honest: do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better?
I'm not going to pretend I don't get excited when I see a pile of presents for me on Christmas morning, but I do get so, so excited about giving presents. I go majorly overboard on everything and spend a ridiculous amount of money on everything from the actual gift to the wrapping. Case in point- this year I am hand-stringing individual jingle bells to my presents as an added extra. Yes really.

11. What is the best Christmas gift you’ve ever received?
I'm not sure if there's one particular gift, I mean my laptop was a major help and is allowing me to do simple things like type this post everyday, even if it does mean I end up looking like Penny regularly, but I think it's more the Christmas experience that I love- rather than individual gifts, even though I have received some amazing gifts!

12. What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
I think New York has to be number one- I even made up a little collage for my instagram a few weeks ago because the idea of spending Christmas in such an amazing place makes me so excited. It wouldn't be the same without my family and friends though!

13. Are you a pro-present wrapper, or do you fail miserably?
Total pro, it's one of the few things I will happily boast about, and it's one of my favourite hobbies too!

14. Most memorable Holiday moment?
Again, I'm not sure if there's one specific moment- I have this really vivid memory from when I was little and still believed in Santa properly, and I had asked for this hideous purple crayola drawer set that came with pens, pencils- the whole works (similar to the one above but a million times better,) and I hadn't received it from Santa in the morning. I then headed out to my Gran's, forgetting all about it, when my Aunt and Uncle arrived carrying none other than the EXACT drawer set I wanted. Speechless amazement ensued, and I assumed that Santa must have been in touch with my family to explain that the elves couldn't manage, so would they mind buying the drawers? It's funny now, but it really did make my year back then!

15. What made you realize the truth about Santa?
Probably somewhere in the region of 10-11, I'd had my suspicions but I quashed them for fear of destroying my childhood. I miss being that excited now, but I love watching my little cousin, who's 5, open her presents on Christmas morning with that same amazement.

16. Do you make New Years resolutions? Do you stick to them?
I haven't written them down properly in years but I do tend to make the same ones every year- be happy, do more, eat less chocolate. I'm managing one and two, but three seems to be an issue every year!

17. What makes the holidays special for you?
The three F's- family, friends, and food.

I would love you guys to do this too, and feel free to tag your friends if you'd like! I'll tag Rachel at sundaychic because I know she's a festive fiend! I hope you're all feeling super festive and I'll see you tomorrow for Blogmas Day 16!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik