Monday 15 September 2014

UNBOXING- September Glossybox!

Hey there folks, as predicted my Glossybox arrived this morning, and while I've not tried any of the products yet- I'm not overly impressed. Let's have a look inside..

The box is sponsored (I think) by Karen Millen, possibly for London Fashion Week- but that's just a guess, because the cover of the box is a beautiful monochrome watercolour type pictures of the London skyline. In terms of first impressions, this looked good. 



However upon opening, I thought it seemed like a lot of skincare type products- which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but they also looked suspiciously small, which is definitely a bad thing!

 SkinPep Enzyme and Acid Peel/Peeling Gel 
Peeling Gel
Glossybox says; This highly effective peeling gel uses Pineapple and Papaya extracts to create gently exfoliated, soft and bright skin. (£3.05 for 3.5ml- comes with 2 sachets)
I say; Wow. That's expensive stuff. It's £89.99 for 180ml
Eye Cream
This powerful dark circle eraser uses anti-oxidant ingredients to boost collagen in the delicate undereye area. (£6.49 for 2ml)
I say; Again. Woah. This had better give me the best under eyes the world has ever, ever seen.

Vichy Normaderm Night Detox and Hyrating Care
Night Detox
Glossybox says; Skin looks purified, balances excess serum production. (roughly £1.20 for 3ml)
I say; honestly, what's the point? The full size products are hardly extravagant and the price is nowhere near high enough to justify such a tiny size.
Hydrating Care
Glossybox says; Blemishes appear reduced, complexion looks radiant. (about 70p worth of product.)
I say; bleurgh.

L'Oreal Professional Mythic Masque
Glossybox says; This masque is designed to intensely nourish and replenish the hair, for an effortlessly glossy-looking result. (roughly £6 worth of product)
I say; I've tried this before and loved it, so I'm glad to have it back- as far as hair masks go, this is perfectly decent!

 Nails Inc Westminster Bridge Matte Top Coat
Glossybox says; This matte effect top coat gives you two very different looks for every one of your nail polishes. The perfect way to add a unique twist to your favourite shades. (£12)
I say; I've been meaning to pick up a matte top coat for ages so in a relatively poor box, this really stands out as a great product! I love Nails Inc too!

ModelCo MORE BROWS Fibre Gel
Glossybox says; This innovative brush-on fibre gel gives the appearance of fuller, thicker brows instantly. (£14.95)
I say; this looks extremely similar to the Benefit Gimme Brow, so I'm excited to try it, I have crazy brows so if this proves to be a miracle product you guys will be the first to know!

Box Value; £43.45 (roughly)
Box Cost; £13.95 (£10+P+P)
Saving; roughly £30 

There you have it, this months Glossybox. I'm a little disappointed, although the items certainly aren't cheap so the saving is still brilliant. And as my sister said, if all else fails, it is  very very pretty box!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik