Sunday 14 September 2014

Favourite Bedroom Decor

Hey folks, I hope you're having a lovely weekend and are hopefully doing something exciting this Sunday. I've spent the last couple of weeks lusting over some home decor things on Made.com and other websites, as well as watching more than my fair share of 'Apartment Tours' on Youtube. Despite this, I am actually really happy with how my room is looking at the moment- and I've picked out a few of my favourite 'pieces' from my room decor to show you today! Where possible I've included links to the product, or at least something similar too!

Harry Potter Lithograph  (Spineless Classics)
One of my favourite things I own, this poster contains the entirety of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone from the immortal words 'The Dursleys, of Number Four Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal.'' to the last line 'I'm going to have a lot of fun with Dudley this summer.' Fandom stuff tends to look a little tacky and not very grown up, but this is so pretty that it actually looks amazing in my room, despite it being a book aimed at 8-12 year olds. Plus, hey- it's Harry Potter?

Floral Mirror
I couldn't find anything like this online, but I got mine from Gardening Scotland (I'll link a post about my time there this year here x) which probably means it's from an independent seller. I use this to do my make-up in and it also stores a lot of my earrings and other little bits of jewellery. The mirror is removable too which is extra handy.

Dunelm Mill Parisian Clock
I love Dunelm Mill for home stuff, and they're so cheap that it makes it impossible to resist. When I redid my room when I was younger, this clock was really high up my 'WANT' list, and I still love it. I was aiming for a Parisian theme with my bedroom when I started so this kind of tied it all together.

Amazon Fairy Lights
I adore fairy lights, and although I first put these up around Christmas time, they've stayed there ever since. As luck would have it, they actually ran out of battery last night- hence why the picture shows them unlit, but they have lasted almost two years before that, so I can't complain. I'm yet to see a bedroom that couldn't be improved by some twinkly lights.

Ikea Hemnes Bookshelf 
Up until a month ago, I didn't have a bookshelf in my bedroom. Which is insane, since I have a lot of books and even had the audacity to write a book blog for a year. However due to some other house renovation, I have managed to secure myself this beautiful darkwood bookshelf, which is doing a fine job of housing my books. The only problem is that I now want to buy a shit ton more books to fill it with.

I'm thinking of doing a Bookshelf Tour soon, so you may well see that go up in the next few days (or weeks..) and I think my Glossybox is due to arrive on Monday so I'll put up an Unboxing for you then. Until next time, have a lovely Sunday and enjoy your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik